ISO Stands for “International Organization for Standardization”. ISO is an independent, non-governmental international organization with a membership of 165 national standards bodies.Through its members, it brings together experts to share knowledge and develop voluntary, consensus-based, market relevant International Standards that support innovation and provide solutions to global challenges.
ISO head quarter at Geneva, Switzerland.
ISO certification is a seal of approval from a third party body that a company runs to one of the international standards. It standardises how businesses and organisations involved in commerce and industry manage information and processes. It simply means that organisation has met certain requirements.
Advantages OF ISO Certification
- International Creditability
- Participate in govt Tender
- Improve Marketability
- Professional Culture Development
- Customer Creditability and Confidence
- Improve Firm and Product Quality
There are various types of ISO certification available:
- ISO 9001:2015 (Quality Management System)
- ISO 14001:2015 (Environmental Management System)
- ISO 45001:2018 (Occupational Health & Safety Management)
- ISO 22000:2018 (Food Safety Management System)
- ISO 27001:2013 (Information Technology)
- ISO 13485:2016 (Medical Device)
- ISO 20000-1:2018 (Information Technology)
- ISO 50001:2018 (Energy Management)
- ISO/IEC 17025 (Testing and Calibration Lab)
- ISO/TS 16949
- And Many More.